FABRICATION OF HTC PLANT FOR CARBONISATION OF MUNICIPAL SOLID WASTE
Keywords:Pressure, Temperature and Residence time.
Hydrothermal carbonization is an exothermal process that lowers both the oxygen and hydrogen content of the feed by dehydration and decarboxylation. This is achieved by applying temperatures of 160200 o C in a suspension of biomass in water at saturated pressure for several hours. The objectives of the study were to carbonize the MSW by the way of hydrothermal treatment process and produce a solid coal like product for application of energetic purposes. For carrying the carbonization experiment, the prototype HTC reactor has been fabricated. Organic fractions of MSW collected were characterized. From the results, it was found that carbon content, energy potential can be increased by the treatment of hydrothermal carbonization in achieving carbonization of the MSW.
2. Judy A Libra, Kyoung S Ro, Claudia Kammann (2011) : Hydrothermal carbonization of biomass residuals: A comparative review of the chemistry processes and application of wet and dry pyrolysis?: Biofuels 2(1),89-124.
3. Christian Riu Lohri, Zeno Robbian, Christian Zurbrugg (2013): „Hydrothermal Carbonisation :A pressure cooker for Biowaste?.
4. Nicole D. Berge, Kyoung S. Ro , Jing dong Mao (2011) Hydrothermal Carbonisation of Municipal waste streams? , Department of Civil and Enviromental Engineering, University of South Carolina, 300, Main street, Columbia, United States.
5. Hans Gunter Ramke, Dennis Blohse, Hans Joachim Lehmann, Joachim Fetting, Sardinia (2009): Twelveth International waste Management and Landfill Symposium.
Authors need to sign following agreement with International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research before publishing their articles:
- Authors need to return copyright form to Journal Editor-in-chief to proceed their articles for publication. Meantime, the journal licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits other user to distribute the work with an acknowledgement of the authors for International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are also able to share their separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-restricted contribution of the journal with an acknowledgement of publication in International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to share their work during the submission process for increasing citation and exploring to increase the paper availability in worldwide way. The Effect of Open Access.