DESIGN OF ENHANCED SQRT CARRY SELECT ADDER FOR VLSI IMPLEMENTATION OF 2D- DISCRETE WAVELET TRANSFORM
Keywords:Ripple Carry Adder (RCA), Carry Select Adder (CSLA), Discrete Wavelet Transform (DWT), Enhanced Square root carry select adder (ESCLA), Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI).
In this paper, two-dimensional Discrete Wavelet Transform (2-D DWT) based image compression is presented with the help of developed Enhanced square root carry select adder (ESCSLA). The Enhanced Carry select adder is replacing the RCA and BEC unit to D-latch circuit. It provides better results than compared to the conventional adders. DWT and ESCSLA circuit is designed through Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) System design environment. Low power consumption, less area and high speed are the main concerns in VLSI System design. Hence, our aim is to reduce the hardware complexity of ESCSLA and improve the performance of DWT in terms VLSI concerns. In our work, three levels of decomposition are made for image compression. With the help of pixel values of image and Enhanced square root carry select adder circuit, 2-D DWT image compression technique is implemented through Verilog HDL design. The performance of ESCSLA circuit is better than conventional Binary to Excess1 (BEC) based Square Root Carry Select Adder (SQRT CSLA) in terms of silicon area and power consumption. Hence, the performance of DWT also increased when incorporating EHRCA circuit into addition process of DWT computation.
2. Fang, Shih-Hau, et al. "Channel State Reconstruction Using Multilevel Discrete Wavelet Transform for Improved Fingerprinting-Based Indoor Localization." IEEE Sensors Journal 16.21 (2016): 7784-7791.
3. Hill, Paul, et al. "Contrast Sensitivity of the Wavelet, Dual Tree Complex Wavelet, Curvelet, and Steerable Pyramid Transforms." IEEE Transactions on Image Processing 25.6 (2016): 2739-2751.
4. Lei, Min, et al. "Audio zero-watermark scheme based on discrete cosine transform-discrete wavelet transform-singular value decomposition." China Communications 13.7 (2016): 117-121.
5. Junior, Ernano Arrais, Ricardo Alexandro de Medeiros Valentim, and Glaucio Bezerra Brandao. "Real Time QRS Detection Based on Redundant Discrete Wavelet Transform." IEEE Latin America Transactions 14.4 (2016): 1662-1668.
6. Guo, Yong, and Bing-Zhao Li. "Blind image watermarking method based on linear canonical wavelet transform and QR decomposition." IET Image Processing (2016).
7. Kim, Jonghoon. "Discrete Wavelet Transform-Based Feature Extraction of Experimental Voltage Signal for Li-Ion Cell Consistency." IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 65.3 (2016): 1150-1161.
8. Duan, Feng, et al. "sEMG-based identification of hand motion commands using wavelet neural network combined with discrete wavelet transform." IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 63.3 (2016): 1923-1934.
9. Makbol, Nasrin M., Bee Ee Khoo, and Taha H. Rassem. "Block-based discrete wavelet transform-singular value decomposition image watermarking scheme using human visual system characteristics." IET Image Processing 10.1 (2016): 34-52.
Authors need to sign following agreement with International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research before publishing their articles:
- Authors need to return copyright form to Journal Editor-in-chief to proceed their articles for publication. Meantime, the journal licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits other user to distribute the work with an acknowledgement of the authors for International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are also able to share their separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-restricted contribution of the journal with an acknowledgement of publication in International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to share their work during the submission process for increasing citation and exploring to increase the paper availability in worldwide way. The Effect of Open Access.