VLSI Architecture Based Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) With Optimized Inverse Mix-Column and X-Time Multiplication Process
Keywords:Advanced Encryption Standard, Mix-column, Xtime Multiplication, Very Large Scale Integration.
Rijndael is the security based methodology used to protect the information from the attackers. Rijndael algorithms perform with the data encryptions and data decryptions. Data Encryption is transform the plain text into the cipher text and the data decryption is recovering the original data. Mix-column and Inverse Mix-column is one of the difficult operations in the Rijndael algorithm. In this paper, Optimized Inverse Mix-Column transformation has been designed with the help of Xtime multiplication process. Xtime multiplication performs the multiplication function for m X m? data; results will be m-bit data. Further the complexity of Xtime multiplication process has been identified and re-designed with the help of effective CSE techniques. Developed Reduced Xtime based optimized Inverse Mix-Column transformation provide better performances than traditional Xtime based Inverse Mix-Column multiplication. The proposed mix column and X-time multiplication design is implemented in terms of the VLSI Design Environment.
2. Al-Hazaime, O.M.A, (2013) “A New Approach for Complex Encrypting and Decrypting data” International Journal Computer Networks and Communications (IJCNC).
3. Babu, R. Abraham, G. and Borasia, K. (2012) “Securing Distributed Systems Using Symmetric Key Cryptography”.
4. Liu, B. & Baas, B. M. (2013) “Parallel AES encryption engines for many-core processor arrays” IEEE Transactions on Computers pp. 536-547.
5. Shylashree, N. Bhat, N. & Shridhar, V.(2012) “FPGA implementations of advanced encryption standard: a survey” International Journal of Advances in Engineering & Technology, Vol.3, No.2, pp. 265-285.
6. Standaert, F.X. Rouvroy, G. Quisquater, J. J and Legat, J.D.(2004) “Efficient Implementation of Rijndael Encryption in Reconfigurable Hardware”.
7. Zhao, W. Ha, Y. & Alioto, M. “ AES architectures for minimum-energy operation and silicon demonstration in 65nm with lowest energy per encryption” IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), pp. 2349-2352, 2015.
8. Zhang, Q. Cao, J. Yu, D. Cao, X. & Zhang, X. “ A Low-energy high-throughput asynchronous AES for secure smart cards” pp.487-490, 2015.
Authors need to sign following agreement with International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research before publishing their articles:
- Authors need to return copyright form to Journal Editor-in-chief to proceed their articles for publication. Meantime, the journal licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits other user to distribute the work with an acknowledgement of the authors for International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are also able to share their separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-restricted contribution of the journal with an acknowledgement of publication in International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to share their work during the submission process for increasing citation and exploring to increase the paper availability in worldwide way. The Effect of Open Access.