Impedance Source Based Multi Phase Inverter Fed Variable Speed PMBLDC Motor Using Advance controller for Torque Ripple Minimization
Keywords:Multi Phase, torque ripple, voltage saturation, PMSM, ZSI, IFOC, ASD (adjustable speed drive), vector control, and variable speed drives.
This paper presents the advance controlling system for multiphase PMBLDC motor. This permanent magnet synchronous motor has copper losses in stator, current vibration and harmonics due to wrong selection of rotor shape is generated by the voltage saturation and more torque ripple. This voltage saturation affects the performance of the motor. The proposed multiphase permanent magnet BLDC motor is to reduce the voltage saturation and also to minimize the torque ripple. The multiphase motor have more handling capacity, high reliability and to produce high torque at same ampere volume of machine. This multiphase topology is requiring high dc source and effective control method for high speed operation. The introduced Z-source topology is used to improve source voltage boost up ability without using any DC/DC converters. Further, it reduces the line harmonics, enhance the load power factor, gives ride through ability in the course of input voltage sags and increases inverter reliability. The IFOC control strategy is possible to achieve high reliable operation at input voltage sag conditions. The proposed Z-source networks as well as IFOC scheme based multi phase motor to attain the minimum torque ripples and high voltage gain in ASD (adjustable speed drive) are analyzed in MATLAB/ SIMULINK environment.
2. Zhu ZQ, Howe D (2007) Electrical machines and drives for electric vehicle, hybrid and fuel cell vehicles. Proc IEEE Trans 95(4):746–765.
3. E. Levi, ?Multiphase electric machines for variable-speed applications,?IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 1893– 1909, May 2008.
4. Y. Tang, S. J. Xie, C. H. Zhang, and Z. G. Xu, ?Improved Z-source inverter with reduced Z-source capacitor voltage stress and soft-start capability,? IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 409–415, Feb. 2009.
5. Fang Z Peng, Z-Source Inverter, IEEE Transactions on Industry application, Volume 39, No.2,pp:504-510, March/April 2003.
6. Quoc-Nam Trinh, Hong-Hee Lee ?A New Z-Source Inverter Topology with High Voltage Boost Ability? Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology Vol. 7, No. 5, pp. 714~723, 2012.
7. P. C. Loh, F. Gao, and F. Blaabjerg, ?Embedded EZ-source inverters,? IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 256–267, Jan./Feb. 2010.
8. Emil Levi, "Multiphase Electric Machines for Variable-Speed Applications", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 55, No. 5, pp.1893-1909, May 2008.
9. M. Mohr, W. T. Franke, B. Wittig, and F. W. Fuchs, ?Converter systems for fuel cells in the medium power range—A comparative study,? IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 2024–2032, Jun. 2010.
10. Sanjeev Singh, Bhim Singh, ?PFC Bridge Converter for Voltage-controlled Adjustable-speed PMBLDCM Drive,? Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 215~225, 2011.
11. S. Rajakaruna and L. Jayawickrama, "Steady-State Analysis and Designing Impedance Network of Z-Source Inverters," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 57, no. 7, pp. 2483-2491, July 2010.
12. Kai Deng, Fei Mei, Jun Mei, Jianyong Zheng and Guangxu Fu ?An Extended Switched-inductor Quasi-Z-source Inverter,? J Electr Eng Technol Vol. 9, No. 2: 541-549, 2014.
13. Leila Parsa and Hamid A. Toliyat, ?sensorless direct torque control of Five-Phase Interior Permanent-Magnet Motor Drives‘,IEEE transactions on industry applications, vol. 41, no. 4, july/August 2007.
14. Q. Tran, T. Chun, J. Ahn, and H. Lee, ?Algorithms for controlling both the DC boost and AC output voltage of Z-source inverter,? IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 2745–2750, Oct. 2007.
15. D.Vinnikov and I. Roasto, ?Quasi-Z-source-based isolated DC/DC converters for distributed power generation,? IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron.,vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 192–201, Jan. 2011.
16. Y. Zhao and T. A. Lipo, ?Space vector PWM control of dual three-phase induction machine using vector space decomposition,? IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 1100–1109, Sep./Oct. 1995.
17. Drazen Dujic, Martin Jones, and Emil Levi, ?Analysis of Output Current-Ripple RMS in Multiphase Drives Using Polygon Approach,? IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 25, no. 7, JULY 2010, pp. 1838 – 1849.
Authors need to sign following agreement with International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research before publishing their articles:
- Authors need to return copyright form to Journal Editor-in-chief to proceed their articles for publication. Meantime, the journal licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits other user to distribute the work with an acknowledgement of the authors for International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are also able to share their separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-restricted contribution of the journal with an acknowledgement of publication in International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to share their work during the submission process for increasing citation and exploring to increase the paper availability in worldwide way. The Effect of Open Access.