DESIGN OF ENHANCED HALF RIPPLE CARRY ADDER FOR VLSI IMPLEMENTATION OF TWO- DIMENSIONAL DISCRETEWAVELET TRANSFORM
Keywords:Binary to Excess 1 Conversion based Carry Select Adder, Carry Select Adder, Hybrid and lifting based Discrete Wavelet Transformation Technique, Row and Column Wise Compression, Very Large Scale Integration.
This paper presents a systematic high speed VLSI implementation of the discrete wavelet transform (DWT) based on hardware-efficient parallel FIR filter structures. High- speed 2-D DWT with computation time as low as N2/12 can be easily achieved for an N X N image with controlled increase of hardware cost. Compared with recently published 2-D DWT architectures with computation time of N2/3 and 2N2/3, the proposed designs can also save a large amount of multipliers and/or storage elements. In proposed DWT models, adders are recognized as high potential than other components. In order to improve the efficiency of DWT process, an efficient adder called Enhanced Half-Ripple Carry Adder (EHRCA) has been designed in this research work. Proposed EHRCA circuit offers10.71% improvements in hardware slice utilization, 11.78% improvements in total power consumption than traditional Binary to Excess 1 Conversion (BEC) based Square Root Carry Select Adder (SQRT CSLA).
2. Devangkumar S, Vithlani CH. VLSI-oriented lossy image compressionapproachusingDA-based2D-discretewavelet.Int ArabJInfTechnol.2014;11(1):59–68.
3. Lee D-U, Kim L-K, VillasenorJD. Precision-aware self- quantizing hardware architectures for the discrete wavelet transform. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. 2012; 21(2):768–77.
4. ManjuP, Rohil H. Optimized image steganography using Discrete Wavelet Transform (DWT). IJRDET. 2014; 2(2):75–81.
5. Mohanty BK, Meher PK. Memory-efficient high-speed convolution-based generic structure for multilevel 2-D DWT. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for VideoTechnology.2013;23(2):353–63.
6. Monika R, VijA. Image compression using discrete haar wavelettransforms.IJEIT.2014;3(12):47–51.
7. Nahvi N, Sharma OC. Implementation of discrete wavelet transform for multimodal medical image fusion. IJETAE. 2014;4(7):312–7.
8. NanammalV, Abirami BM, VenugopalakrishnanJ. VLSI based desgin of an efficient hybrid water marking scheme for multimedia content protection. Indian Journal of ScienceandTechnology.2015;8(19).
9. VishwanathM, Michael RO, Irwin MJ. VLSI architec- turesforthediscretewavelettransform.IEEETransactionsonCircuitsandSystemsII:Anal ogandDigitalSignalProcessing. 1995;42(5):305–16.
10. Zhang C, Wang C, Ahmad MO. A pipeline VLSI archi- tecture for fast computation of the 2-D discrete wavelet transform. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers. 2012;59(8):1775–85.
Authors need to sign following agreement with International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research before publishing their articles:
- Authors need to return copyright form to Journal Editor-in-chief to proceed their articles for publication. Meantime, the journal licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits other user to distribute the work with an acknowledgement of the authors for International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are also able to share their separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-restricted contribution of the journal with an acknowledgement of publication in International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to share their work during the submission process for increasing citation and exploring to increase the paper availability in worldwide way. The Effect of Open Access.