LOW POWER 128 POINT SPLIT RADIX FFT FOR LTE APPLICATION
Keywords:Fast Fourier Transform, Long-Term Evolution, Multipath Delay Commutator (MDC) FFT.
In this paper, we describe a processor architecture customized to Split radix FFT algorithm. The proposed architecture supports all FFT sizes, required by the LTE applications. The proposed design is aimed to reduce the area, latency, power and also to reduce the number of computational path in order to speed up FFT processor computation. The proposed low power 128 point split radix FFT architecture applies various periodicity properties of twiddle factors multiplier.We implement the processor in 128-point MDC architecture with split radix algorithm. The processor has been synthesized on a Xilinx ISE 10.1design technology and both energy-efficiency and performance have been evaluated.
2. Qiao, S. Hei, Y. Wu, B., and Zhou, Y. "An area and power efficient FFT processor for UWB systems" In Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, 2007. WiCom 2007. International Conference on (pp. 582-585). IEEE, 2007.
3. Chen, J., Hu, J. and Li, S., “High throughput and hardware efficient FFT architecture for LTE application”, IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC) ,pp. 826-831,2012.
4. Ghosh, A. and Ratasuk, R. “ Essentials of LTE and LTEA” Cambridge University Press, 2011.
5. Mohammed, M.A. Samarah, A.S. and Allah, M.F. “Implementation of Adaptive OFDM System Using FPGA” International Journal of Computer Science (IJCSI), Vol. 9, Issue. 3, pp: 246-252, 2012.
6. Adiono, T., and Mareta, R. "Low latency parallel-pipelined configurable FFT-IFFT 128/256/512/1024/2048 for LTE" In Intelligent and Advanced Systems (ICIAS), 2012 4th International Conference on (Vol. 2, pp. 768-773). IEEE, 2012.
7. Angeline, T. and Narain Ponraj, D. “A Survey on FFT Processors” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research (IJSER), Vol. 4, Issue. 3, pp: 1-5, 2013.
8. Srikanth,K “Design Radix-4 64-point Pipeline FFT/IFFT Processor for Wireless Application” International Journal of Engineering Inventions (IJEI), Vol. 3, Issue. 2, pp: 67-70, 2013.
Authors need to sign following agreement with International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research before publishing their articles:
- Authors need to return copyright form to Journal Editor-in-chief to proceed their articles for publication. Meantime, the journal licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits other user to distribute the work with an acknowledgement of the authors for International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are also able to share their separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-restricted contribution of the journal with an acknowledgement of publication in International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to share their work during the submission process for increasing citation and exploring to increase the paper availability in worldwide way. The Effect of Open Access.