High Voltage Gain using Cockcroft Walton Voltage Multiplier (CWVM)
Keywords:Photo-Voltaic (PV), Voltage Multiplier, DC-DC converter, Cockcroft Walton (CW).
In this paper, Cockcroft Walton Voltage Multiplier (CWVM) DC-DC converter generates high DC voltage gain is attained without using the step-up transformer is proposed. It displays an efficient output power to load as increasing the multiplier stages. Input voltage from Photo-Voltaic (PV) source is low and CWVM DC-DC converter produces more output voltage. Output voltage from the proposed converter is providing constant current to the switches and diode in the circuit, less voltage ripple, and high voltage gain. The proposed method consists of 3-stages. Output of each three stage is 270V. The PV based CWVM DC-DC Converter and its designed are verified using Matlab/Simulink software.
2. P. Vonder Hard and H. Rottger, “Neutron radiography handbook: nuclear science and technology”, Springer Sciences & Business Media, 2012.
3. S. Humphries, Principles of charged particle acceleration. Courier Corporation, 2013.
4. M. M. Weiner, “Analysis of Cockcroft-Walton voltage multipliers with an arbitrary number of stages”, Review of Scientific Instruments, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 330–333, 1969.
5.M. K. Nguyen, Y. C. Lim, J. H. Choi and G. B. Cho, “Isolated High Step-Up DC–DC Converter Based on Quasi-Switched-Boost Network”, in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 63, no. 12, pp. 7553-7562, Dec. 2016.
6. L. Müller and J. W. Kimball, “High Gain DC–DC Converter Based on the Cockcroft–Walton Multiplier”, in IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 31, no. 9, pp. 6405-6415, Sept. 2016.
7. O. Cornea, G. D. Andreescu, N. Muntean and D. Hulea, "Bidirectional Power Flow Control in a DC Microgrid Through a Switched-Capacitor Cell Hybrid DC–DC Converter," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 3012-3022, April 2017.
8. C.M. Young, M.H. Chen, T.A. Chang, C.C. Ko, K.K. Jen, “Cascade Cockcroft–Walton voltage multiplier applied to transformer-less high step-up DC–DC converter”, IEEE transactions on industrial electronics, vol, 60, no. 2, pp.523-37, 2012.
9. O. Abdel?Rahim, H. Funato, J.A. Haruna, “A comprehensive study of three high?gain DC?DC topologies based on Cockcroft?Walton voltage multiplier for reduced power PV applications”, IEEJ Transactions on Electrical and Electronic Engineering, vol. 13, no.4, pp. 642-51, 2018.
Authors need to sign following agreement with International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research before publishing their articles:
- Authors need to return copyright form to Journal Editor-in-chief to proceed their articles for publication. Meantime, the journal licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits other user to distribute the work with an acknowledgement of the authors for International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are also able to share their separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-restricted contribution of the journal with an acknowledgement of publication in International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to share their work during the submission process for increasing citation and exploring to increase the paper availability in worldwide way. The Effect of Open Access.