Bridgeless Landsman Converter Based BLDC Motor Drive Using IFOC
Keywords:BLDC, Back EMF, IFOC, PWM, DC link voltage.
This project proposed to improve performance of BLDC motor control using landsman converter sensor less vector control technique where the photovoltaic source is preferred for powering the motor. The sensor less control technique does not use position and speed sensors instead make use of voltage and current measurements. A simplified indirect field oriented control (IFOC) with back-EMF observer for speed estimation replaces the MB-PWM control technique which results in reduction of torque ripple and obtains a trapezoidal stator current waveform. It also results in reduction of total harmonic distortion in stator current of BLDC motor when compared with simple boost PWM. The improved performances of sensor less BLDC motor with various control techniques are verified. The dc link voltage, Speed and torque characteristics is achieved using indirect field oriented control method are verified using MATLAB/Simulink.
2. Guha, G. Narayanan, “Impact of dead time on inverter input current, DC-link dynamics, and light-load instability in rectifier-inverter-fed induction motor drives”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications 2017 Nov 1; 54(2):1414-24.
3. Pan X, Rathore AK. Electrolytic Capacitorless Current-Fed Single-Phase Pulsating DC Link Inverter. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2018 Jan 4;67(5):3900-8.
4. Kwon Y, Ahn D. Self-oscillating current-fed inverter with low switching loss for wireless power transfer. Electronics Letters. 2017 May 31; 53 (14):949-51.
5. Zeng Z, Zhu C, Jin X, Shi W, Zhao R. Hybrid space vector modulation strategy for torque ripple minimization in three-phase four-switch inverter-fed PMSM drives. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2016 Nov 7; 64 (3):2122-34.
6. Su J, Sun D. Simplified MPCC for four-switch three-phase inverter-fed PMSM. Electronics Letters. 2017 Jul 6; 53 (16):1108-9.
7. Kashif M, Murshid S, Singh B. Standalone solar PV array fed SMC based PMSM driven water pumping system. In2018 IEEMA Engineer Infinite Conference (eTechNxT) 2018 Mar 13 (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
8. Kalla UK, Singh B, Murthy SS, Jain C, Kant K. Adaptive sliding mode control of standalone single-phase microgrid using hydro, wind, and solar pv array-based generation. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid. 2017 Jul 5; 9(6):6806-14.
9. Samir A, Taha M, Sayed MM, Ibrahim A. Efficient PV-grid system integration with PV-voltage-source converter reactive power support. The Journal of Engineering. 2018 Mar 15;2018(2):130-7.
10. Jain S, Shadmand MB, Balog RS. Decoupled active and reactive power predictive control for PV applications using a grid-tied quasi-Z-source inverter. IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics. 2018 Apr 6;6(4):1769-82.
11. Beniwal N, Hussain I, Singh B. Control and operation of a solar PV-battery-grid-tied system in fixed and variable power mode. IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution. 2018 Mar 8; 12 (11):2633-41.
12. Bag A, Subudhi B, Ray PK. An adaptive sliding mode control scheme for grid integration of a PV system. CPSS Transactions on Power Electronics and Applications. 2018 Dec; 3 (4):362-71.
13. J. Liu, Y. Yin, W. Luo, S. Vazquez, L. G. Franquelo, and L. Wu, “Sliding mode control of a three-phase AC/DC voltage source converter under unknown load conditions: Industry applications” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems. 2017 Dec 1; 48 (10):1771-80.
14. Villanueva, A. Rosales, P. Ponce, and A. Molina, “Grid-voltage-oriented sliding mode control for DFIG under balanced and unbalanced grid Faults”, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy. 2018 Jul; 9 (3):1090-8.
15. Sun D, Wang X, Nian H, Zhu ZQ. A sliding-mode direct power control strategy for DFIG under both balanced and unbalanced grid conditions using extended active power. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2017 Mar 23; 33 (2):1313-22.
Authors need to sign following agreement with International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research before publishing their articles:
- Authors need to return copyright form to Journal Editor-in-chief to proceed their articles for publication. Meantime, the journal licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits other user to distribute the work with an acknowledgement of the authors for International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are also able to share their separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-restricted contribution of the journal with an acknowledgement of publication in International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to share their work during the submission process for increasing citation and exploring to increase the paper availability in worldwide way. The Effect of Open Access.