High Speed Pipelined Architecture for Adaptive Median Filter
Keywords:Salt and Pepper, Adaptive, Pipeline, FIFO, Rank order, Non linear.
Low level data processing functions, like FIR filtering, pattern recognition or correlation, where the parallel implementation is supported by architecture matched special purpose arithmetic; high throughput FPGA circuits easily outperform even the most advanced DSP processors. In this paper investigates a high-speed non- linear Adaptive median filter implementation is presented. Then Adaptive Median Filter solves the dual purpose of removing the impulse noise from the image and reducing distortion in the image. Adaptive Median Filtering can achieve the filtering operation of an image corrupted with impulse noise of probability greater than 0.2.
2. Olli Vainio, Yrjö Neuvo, Steven, and E. Butner, “A Signal Processor for Median-Based Algorithms”, IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, Processing, vol .37, no.9, 1989.
3. Bapeswara Rao, V.V, and K. Sankara Rao, “A New Algorithm for Real-Time Median Filtering”, IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, Processing, vol. 34, no. 6, 1986.
4. Ahmad, M. O, and D. Sundararajan, “Parallel Implementation of a Median Filtering Algorithm”, Int. Symp. on Signals and Systems, 1988.
5. Dobrowiecki Tadeusz, Medián Sz?r?k, and Mérés és Automatika, 37. Évf., 1989. 3.szám
6. Xilinx Foundation Series Quick Start Guide, 1991-1997. Xilinx. Inc
Authors need to sign following agreement with International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research before publishing their articles:
- Authors need to return copyright form to Journal Editor-in-chief to proceed their articles for publication. Meantime, the journal licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits other user to distribute the work with an acknowledgement of the authors for International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are also able to share their separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-restricted contribution of the journal with an acknowledgement of publication in International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to share their work during the submission process for increasing citation and exploring to increase the paper availability in worldwide way. The Effect of Open Access.