Design and Optimization of Monopole Antenna for High Data rate Applications
Keywords:Antenna Design, Reflection Co-efficient, SWR, Directivity, Gain.
In general an antenna is act as a transceiver for transmitting and receiving signals with high frequency. It is very important in real time and portable high data rate applications. The parameters decide the characterize of the antenna, the perfectness of antennae are the source resistance of the excitation source that feeds the antennae, characteristic impedance of the transmission line that feeds the antennae, the geometry of the antennae itself, the Voltage Standing Wave Ratio, the Reflection Coefficient, the Directivity, Horizontal Gain, Vertical Gain, Total Gain, radiation pattern, the magnitude of the electric field, efficiency, the current distribution and voltage distribution in the geometry of the antenna. The main parameters to be optimized for wideband portable application are the Gain, Directivity and Efficiency. Monopole antenna transmits the signal in a particular direction only. This work addresses the problem of Gain and Directivity by cascading multiple geometrical structures as well as changing the metal by which the geometrical structure is manufactured. By cascading simple structures it is possible to obtain the same directivity and gain provided by complex structures. The work identifies the second problem of efficiency by using stub or electrical networks as resonators. The stubs are designed by using impedances and admittances information provided by Smith chart at a particular frequency. The tool used for simulation is 4nec2 which stands for Numerical Electromagnetic Code. The frequency of operation used for analysis 300MHz. The wavelength in this frequency of operation is 1m.
2. Sk.Waseem Akram, K Shambavi, Zachariah C Alex,” Design of Printed Strip Monopole Antenna for UWB Applications,”IEEE International conference on electronic and communication system(ICECS), 2015.
3. Surjati, Indra, Yuli Kurnia Ningsih, and Syah Alam. "Stacked Ultra Wide Band ring rectangular microstrip antenna fed by coplanar waveguide." In Communications (APCC), 2016 22nd Asia-Pacific Conference on, pp. 62-65. IEEE, 2016.
4. Jithu, P., A. Paul, V. Pithadia, R. Misquitta, and U. P. Khot. "Dual Band Monopole Antenna Design." P. Jithu et. al/International Journal of Engineering and Technology (IJET) Vol 5 (2013).
5. Bah, Mamadou Hady, Jing-song Hong, and Deedar Ali Jamro. "UWB antenna design and implementation for microwave medical imaging applications." In Communication Software and Networks (ICCSN), 2015 IEEE International Conference on, pp. 151-155. IEEE, 2015.
Authors need to sign following agreement with International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research before publishing their articles:
- Authors need to return copyright form to Journal Editor-in-chief to proceed their articles for publication. Meantime, the journal licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits other user to distribute the work with an acknowledgement of the authors for International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are also able to share their separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-restricted contribution of the journal with an acknowledgement of publication in International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to share their work during the submission process for increasing citation and exploring to increase the paper availability in worldwide way. The Effect of Open Access.