POWER EFFICIENT MULTICAST OPPORTUNISTIC ROUTING PROTOCOL (PEMOR) TO OPTIMIZE LIFETIME OF MANET
Keywords:Opportunistic routing, multicasting, MANET, AODV, geographical location
The main idea of this paper is to propose an opportunistic multicast routing protocol with awareness of energy to adopt with the highly dynamic environment of Mobile Adhoc Network. The nodes spread in MANET environment is divided into several multicasting regions based on the geographical location. Each and every node is present in any one of the multicasting region. Each region is assigned with group address. When the source node forwards the data to a multicast group, the source node forwards the data through the node with highest power among the neighbor so, the proposed multicast routing scheme optimizes the total power consumption and increase the lifetime of the network. The performance is evaluated by comparing the results with the traditional method MAODV.
2. de Morais Cordeiro, C., Gossain, H., Agrawal, D. P., “Multicast over wireless mobile ad hoc networks: present and future directions” IEEE network, Vol.17, No.1, p 52-59, 2003.
3. Huang, Z., & Shen, C. C., “A comparison study of omnidirectional and directional MAC protocols for ad hoc networks” IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, Vol. 1, pp 57-61, 2002.
4. Chen, X., Wu, J., “Multicasting techniques in mobile ad hoc networks” The handbook of ad hoc wireless networks, p 25-40, 2003.
5. Wu, C. W., Tay, Y. C., Toh, C. K., “Ad hoc multicast routing protocol utilizing increasing id-numbers (AMRIS) functional specification” Internet draft, draft-manet- amris-spec-00, p1-5, 1998.
6. Royer, E. M., Perkins, C. E., “Multicast operation of the ad-hoc on-demand distance vector routing protocol” IEEE international conference on Mobile computing and networking, pp 207-218, 1999.
7. Ji, L., Corson, M. S., “A lightweight adaptive multicast algorithm” IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, Vol. 2, pp 1036-1042, 1998.
Authors need to sign following agreement with International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research before publishing their articles:
- Authors need to return copyright form to Journal Editor-in-chief to proceed their articles for publication. Meantime, the journal licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits other user to distribute the work with an acknowledgement of the authors for International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are also able to share their separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-restricted contribution of the journal with an acknowledgement of publication in International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to share their work during the submission process for increasing citation and exploring to increase the paper availability in worldwide way. The Effect of Open Access.