AN ADVANCED SYNCHRONOUS REFERENCE FRAME CONTROL ON REDUCED SWITCH UNIFIED POWER QUALITY CONDITIONER FOR HARMONICS REDUCTION FOR DISTRIBUTION LOAD
Keywords:Unified Power Quality Conditioner (UPQC), reduced switch three phase back to back converter, ANFIS, power quality, harmonics reduction
This paper is presented a reduced switch count - parallel and series converter is presented in Unified Power Quality Conditioner (UPQC) system. The topology of UPQC is designed with Four-switch in three phase three wire system with series and parallel injection converter connected back to back converter through DC-Link capacitor. Reduced switch count is introduced on both parallel and series converter i.e three phase series and parallel injection converter designed under three phase circuit having 4 switches for two legs of converter and third leg is replaced by capacitor elements. Reduced switch count topology is introduced in the reason for minimizing cost, maintenance, harmonics problems and so improving efficiency of system. The nature of switch replacement by capacitor is an important task to balancing of three phase of each phase voltages. So an ANFIS based synchronous reference frame controller is introduced to balancing of both reduced switch converter and also used to maintained power quality and harmonics minimization. Present controller of ANFIS is combined application of Fuzzy logic and neural network controller so this is used to extract harmonics, disturbances and controlled accurately.
2. V. Khadkikar,“Enhancing electric power quality using UPQC: A comprehensive overview,” IEEE Trans on. Power Electron., vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 2284–2297, 2012.
3. L.H.Tey,P.L.So and Y.C.Chu, “Unified power quality conditioner for improving power quality using ANN with Hysterisis control,” IEEE Tran. Power Electronics, vol.9,no.3, pp.1441-1446, 1994.
4. H. R. Mohammadi, A. Y. Varjani, and H. Mokhtari, “Multiconverter unified power quality conditioning system MC-UPQC,” IEEE Trans on Power Del. , vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 1679–1686, Jul. 2009
5. B. S. C hen and Y. Y. Hsu, “A minimal harmonic controller for a STAT COM,” IEEE Trans on Ind. Electron., vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 655–664 , 2008.
6. Khadkikar, Vinod, and Ambrish Chandra, "UPQC-S: Novel concepts of simultaneous voltage sag/swell and load reactive power compensation utilizing series inverter of UPQC." IEEE Trans on Power Electronics, vol.26, issue.9, pp.2414-2425, 2011.
7. Shankar, Sai, Ashwani Kumar, and W. Gao, "Operation of unified power quality conditioner under different situation" IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, pp.1-10, 2011.
8. Kwan, Kian Hoong, Ping Lam So, and Yun Chung Chu, "An output regulation-based unified power quality conditioner with Kalman filters." IEEE Trans on Industrial Electronics, vol.59, issue.11, pp.4248-4262 in 2012.
9. Teke, Ahmet, Lütfü Saribulut, and Mehmet Tümay "A novel reference signal generation method for power-quality improvement of unified power-quality conditioner." IEEE Trans on Power Delivery vol.26, issue.4, pp. 2205-2214 in 2011.
10. Kesler, Metin, and Engin Ozdemir,"Synchronous-reference-frame-based control method for UPQC under uB_Nalanced and distorted load condition" Industrial Electronics, IEEE Trans on vol.58, issue.9 pp.3967-3975 in 2011.
11. Modesto, Rodrigo Augusto, Se rgio Augusto Oliveira da Silva, and Azauri Albano de Oliveira nior, "Power quality improvement using a dual unified power quality conditioner/uninterruptible power supply in three-phase four-wire systems." Power Electronics, IET vol.8, issue.9 pp.1595-1605, 2015.
12. Trinh, Quoc-Nam, and Hong-Hee Lee,"Improvement of unified power quality conditioner performance with enhanced resonant control strategy." Generation, Transmission& Distribution, IET vol.8, issue.12, pp.2114-2123 2014.
13. AS_Nari, Abdul Quaiyum, Bhim Singh, and Mashhood Hasan, "Algorithm for power angle control to improve power quality in distribution system using unified power quality conditioner." Generation, TraS_Nmission & Distribution, IET vol.9, issue.12 , pp.1439- 1447 2015.
14. Axente, I., Ganesh, J. N., Basu, M., Conlon, M. F and Gaughan, K., "A 12-kVA DSP- controlled laboratory prototype UPQC capable of mitigating unbalance in source voltage and load current." Power Electronics, IEEE Trans on vol.25, issue.6, and pp.1471-1479 2010.
15. Lu, Yong, Guochun Xiao, Xiongfei Wang, Frede Blaabjerg, and Dapeng Lu, 2016 "Control strategy for Single-phase Transformer less Three-leg Unified Power Quality Conditioner Based on Space Vector Modulation." Power Electronics, IEEE Trans on 31, no. 4 : 2840-2849, 2016.
16. Tey, L. H., and P. L. So, "DSP-controlled active filters for system harmonics compensation." Power System Technology, 2002. Proceedings. Power Con 2002. International Conference on. Vol. 1, pp.453-458 2002.
17. K. H. Kwan, Y. C. Chu, and P. L. So, “Model-based H? control of a unified power quality conditioner” IEEE Trans on Ind. Electron., vol. 56, no. 7, pp. 2493–2504 2009.
18. S. A. O. da Silva, P. F. Donoso-Garcia, P. C. Cortizo and P. F. Seixas, “A comparative analysis of control algorithms for three-phase line-interactive US_P systems with series- parallel active power-line conditioning using SRF method,” in Proc. 31st IEEE Annu. PESC , vol. 2, pp. 1023– 1028 2000.
19. S. Bhattacharya and D. Divan, “Synchronous frame based controller implementation for a hybrid series active filter system,” in Conf. Rec. IEEE IAS Annu. Meeting, pp. 2531– 2540 1995.
20. R. Pena, J.C. Clare and G.M. Asher, “Doubly fed induction generator using back-to-back PWM converters and its application to variable-speed wind-energy generation,” IEE Proc. Elect. Power Appl., vol. 143, no. 3, pp. 231-241 1996.
21. Abdul Mannan Rauf, Amit Vilas Sant, Vinod Khadkikar and H. H. E_Zineldin, "A Novel Ten-Switch Topology for Unified Power Quality Conditioner" IEEE Trans on Power Electronics, vol.31, issue.10, pp.6937 – 6946 2016 .
22. Prabhakaran, G., and T. Guna Sekar, "Mitigation of Power Quality Problems with Reduced Switches Using Unified Power Quality Conditioner" International Journal of Engineering studies and technical approach, vol.1,no.3,pp.9-19 2015.
Authors need to sign following agreement with International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research before publishing their articles:
- Authors need to return copyright form to Journal Editor-in-chief to proceed their articles for publication. Meantime, the journal licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits other user to distribute the work with an acknowledgement of the authors for International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are also able to share their separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-restricted contribution of the journal with an acknowledgement of publication in International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to share their work during the submission process for increasing citation and exploring to increase the paper availability in worldwide way. The Effect of Open Access.